August Goals –
Blog: It’s been a couple of months since I focused on social media, so August is going to be social media month!
- Pinterest: Reach 1500 Followers (2284 currently) PASS!
- Twitter: Reach 3,500 Followers (3526 currently) PASS!
- Bloglovin: Reach 50 Followers (51 currently) PASS!
- Email: Subscribe in the box on the right!
- Write 12 Freelance Articles – FAIL – I’ve been putting the focus back on growing the blog rather than writing on the side, and I’m ok with that :-)
- Pay $500 towards Personal Loan and put $150 in Savings – PASS!
- Figure out what I’m going to do about Auto Insurance – PASS!
- Set a budget for vacation in September: PASS! We have a $430 budget, which should be more than enough! How did we come up with this? It’s the amount we have sitting in our chase account in rewards, LOL!
- Put together a packing list for vacation: FAIL! I pawned this off on The Big Guy
- Nail down some details for the kiddo’s 1st birthday party: PASS/FAIL. Invitations have been ordered as well as thank you cards. I have a cupcake stand as well as some recipes for cupcakes. I also used some amazon gift cards (earned through Swagbucks.com – The rewards site that works) to cover a couple of jumbo cupcake pans to make preparation for her party easier!
- Lose 2 lbs: PASS! I’ve been doing P90X, which is perfect since i’m an all-or-nothing kind of person, but it’s super frustrating to get on the scale for 3 weeks straight and see only weight gain! However, I finally saw a loss! When you consider the 6 pounds of muscle I gained in muscle first, I lost 6.5 pounds this month! Yipee!
September Goals –
- Find a better way to display posts as a gallery – anyone know of a good plugin?
- Start an email newsletter
- Find a new Pinterest scheduling plugin since CoSschedule is no longer integrating with Pinterest. Any suggestions?
- Publish a Pinterest Guide – I’ve been working away at it, and it’s almost done!
- Get a blog earnings series started!
- Put $650 in savings for the personal loan
- Don’t overspend in Groceries and Gas
- Continue to track my food 6x a week
- P90X 4 days a week
Freelance Writing –
Do you need a staff writer, guest post, copy writing, or ghost writing services? I am available to write on a variety of topics! Check out my Hire Me tab for more information!
Inclusions in Blog Carnivals –
Stack the Chips’ Top Personal Finance Posts
Business Action of Water’s Lifestyle Carnival #111
Your Personal Finance Pro’s Carnival of Financial Planning August 3rd
Penny Thot’s Carnival of Money Pro’s – Wedding Edition
Home Money Easy’s Carnival of Retirement
The Smaller Dollar’s Links I Love Carnival of Financial Independance
Financial Nerd’s Financial Carnival for Young Adults
2 Copper Coins’ Yakezie Financial Blog Carnival
How did you do with your goals in August? What Goals have you set for September?
*This post may contain affiliate links
Linked up at;
Think Pink Sunday, Sunday Showcase, Happiness Is Handmade,Nifty Thrifty Sunday,That DIY Party, It’s Party Time, Sunday Showcase, Around Tuit, Mix It Up Monday, Creative Mondays, Bloggers Brag ,Made By You Monday ,Monday Pin It Party ,Motivate Me Monday ,Thoughtful Spot Weekly Blog Hop ,Monday Funday, Marvelous Monday ,Titus Tuesday ,Tuesdays at our home ,Tell Me About It Tuesday ,Tip Me Tuesday ,Tuesdays With A Twist ,The Inspiration Board ,Tutorial Tuesday ,Create Link Inspire ,Making a Home ,Something Fabulous Wednesday ,The Mommy Club ,Wow Me Wednesday ,Wake Up Wednesday, Adorned From Above Wednesday, Cast Party Wednesday ,Your Whims Wednesday ,The Project Stash ,Whimsy Wednesday ,We Did It Wednesday ,Wednesday Round Up ,Wine’d Down Wednesday ,Inspire Me Wednesday ,Whatever Goes Wednesday ,Something Fabulous Wednesday ,Wow Me Wednesday ,The Pin Junkie ,What To Do Weekends, Inspiration Gallery, Artsy Corner, Inspire Us Thursday, Thrifty Thursday, That’s Fresh Friday, KitchenFun and Crafty, Friday Frenzy, Inspire Me Please, Craft Frenzy Friday, Anything Goes, Pin Me Linky Party, Pin Worthy Projects, Friday Favorites, Best of The Weekend, Link Party Palooza, Friday Flash, Flaunt It Friday, Family Fun Friday, Frugal Friday, Weekend Bloggy Reading, Saturday Show and TellS, aturday Spotlight, Strut Your Stuff Saturday, Saturday Sparks, Saturday Sharefest, Serenity Saturday, Show and Tell Saturday, Get Schooled Saturday, Dare to Share Saturday, Skip The Housework Saturday, Silver Penny Saturday, A Little Bird Told Me
Awesome job on your goals! Good luck this month.
Thanks – good luck to you this month too!
Well done! And good luck for September. I am trying to write posts to schedule until January, on all three sites, but that’s not a formal goal. Maybe if it were I’d make it work!
Melinda @Home.Made.Interest says
Stopping by from Tutorial Tuesday link party. Thanks for sharing your goals. I recently started a monthly goal list myself. It keeps me motivated! Pinning!
Congratulations on so many goals being met!
Thank you for stopping by the Thoughtful Spot Weekly Blog Hop this week. We hope to see you drop by our neck of the woods next week!
Great job with the P90X. I couldn’t get used to it after trying it two separate times. I’m trying to get back to doing INSANITY.
Tammy @ theultimatelinky says
Great goals! We have P90X– I should start it. I’m so sorry I’m pinning so late. We had a co-host that had to drop out, and I’m finally getting to her links! Pinning from the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party!