I publicize my blog, financial, and family goals here every month so that I can hold myself accountable – since that was the blog’s first and foremost purpose – as well as for feedback from my readers. If you have an opinion, please share it in the comments!
October Goals –
- Introduce ya’ll to my new blog! – PASS! If you haven’t yet, check out Ten Minute Savings!
- Average 1,500 Pageviews per day – FAIL – First, I was doing some background things like updating pictures and navigation, so my social media promotion was kind of lacking. Also, Pinterest rolled out their Smart Feed and my traffic was cut in half. If you’re interested, you can read more about that as well as how to combat it in my October Traffic & Blogging Income Report!
- Finish the Elite Blogging Academy with my full attention – FAIL – I’m only in Unit 5, however, I have been giving it my full attention. I think it is better to take it slow and get tons of out of it then to rush through. I did pay for it, after all!
- Make $350 from Ad Networks: FAIL. You can read more about this in my October Traffic & Blogging Income Report, as well as what I’m doing about it.
- Redo Blog Navigation – PASS! – this goal came from Elite Blog Academy, and if you notice, my posts should now be neatly categorized and much easier to find!
- Put $1,200 towards personal loan – PASS! – We put $1,422.00 towards it, and with November’s $500.00 payment we will be paid off! Whoop whoop!
- Complete 4 weekly budget check-ins – PASS! These really helped to keep our budget on target this month – you can check them out here, here, here, and here!
- Make $350 from Ad Networks – FAIL! – We talked about this in my Traffic & Income Report.
- Decorate/Paint the office: 1/2 PASS – We rearranged the entire office (I love it now!) and decorated 2 of the walls. We still need to to paint and finish decorating, but I didn’t realize how big of a project it would be.
- Finish my statement wall prints (post to come) – PASS! Want to know how I made these? Stay tuned for a post about how they cost me less than $30.00 each!
- Create the family binder with all of our credit cards and personal info – FAIL – I just unburied my desk, so we’ll give this another go next month.
- Average 1200 pageviews per day – you can read more about my strategy in my Traffic & Income Report.
- Finish up my email subscription incentive – Done! If you haven’t subscribed yet, use the box at the end of the post to subscribe and get a free eBook, “3 Ways to Stop a Derailed Budget in It’s Tracks”
- Guest post on 1 other site
- Unit 5, 6, &7 of EBA
- Pay off Personal Loan
- Wrap our windows in film
- Outlet covers
- Determine what impact my 24th birthday will have on our auto insurance prices!
- Paint the office
- Family Binder – we’re going to try this goal again
- Go out for my birthday! Whoop-Whoop!
- Workout every single day for 30 days, for at least 20 minutes, and not touch the scale: See, I ran into this problem with P90X – well, actually 2 problems. A) The workouts are an hours long and I don’t have that much time. B) You’re building so much muscle that getting on the scale is depressing. So, I’m giving myself grace and doing the warm up + 20 minutes of the actual workout every single day for 30 days and I’ll weigh myself after the 30 days is up!
What are you goals for November? Is life getting crazy, or what?
*This post may contain affiliate links