I publicize my blog, financial, and family goals here every month so that I can hold myself accountable – since that was the blog’s first and foremost purpose – as well as for feedback from my readers. If you have an opinion, please share it in the comments!
September Goals –
- Find a better way to display posts as a gallery – anyone know of a good plugin? PASS – I found this awesome plugin called “Posts for Pages” that displays my featured images neatly with a snippet of the article. I insert just a bit of code and the plugin displays all the posts in the category.
- Start an email newsletter: FAIL – I wish I had enough idea for a newsletter, but right now I just don’t. Maybe someday….
- Find a new Pinterest scheduling plugin since CoSschedule is no longer integrating with Pinterest. Any suggestions? PASS – I’m currently using ViralWoot, which is nice, but after demoing Tailwind, I cannot wait until they’re scheduling tool becomes available! It will only be priced at $10 a month, too!
- Publish a Pinterest Guide – I’ve been working away at it, and it’s almost done! PASS – In case you missed the memo, the Pinterest Guide is here!
- Get a blog earnings series started! PASS
- Put $650 in savings for the personal loan: FAIL
- Don’t overspend in Groceries and Gas: PASS – FINALLY!!!
- Continue to track my food 6x a week: PASS I even tracked my food on vacation!
- P90X 4 days a week – PASS! Well, kind of. I did P90x 4x a week for 2 weeks, then when we went on vacation we did tons of hiking and walking. The other week yes, I failed
- Introduce ya’ll to my new blog! (More to come)
- Average 1,500 Pageviews per day
- Finish the Elite Blogging Academy with my full attention
- Make $350 from Ad Networks
- Redo Blog Navigation
- Put $1,200 towards personal loan
- Complete 4 weekly budget check-ins
- Make $300 from Ad Networks
- Decorate/Paint the office
- Finish my statement wall prints (post to come)
- Create the family binder with all of our credit cards and personal info
I’m half way through your Pinterest Guide – great stuff! Can’t wait to learn more about your new blog!
Solid progress in your September goals, and best of luck for your goals for October! Sounds like you have lofty but achievable standards at this point.
Can’t wait to hear more about your new blog.
Hi! New reader and can’t wait to follow along!! Good luck with your goals!! I love that you’re so open and honest with your finances. I plan on doing the same thing on my blog :)
Hi! I’m your neighbor at Monday’s Musings and I didn’t know we can schedule Pinterest pins! Thank you for that tidbit of information! Blessings to your goals!
Pinterest scheduling = sanity saver! You should check it out!
Laura at Mommy Maleta says
I like the written goals! Amazing how writing goals down & accountability help us achieve our goals!
I have found that I do so much better with written goals than just keeping them in my head – and having you all to keep me accountable only makes it better!