I publicize my blog, financial, and family goals here every month so that I can hold myself accountable – since that was the blog’s first and foremost purpose – as well as for feedback from my readers. If you have an opinion, please share it in the comments!
September Goals –
- Find a better way to display posts as a gallery – anyone know of a good plugin? PASS – I found this awesome plugin called “Posts for Pages” that displays my featured images neatly with a snippet of the article. I insert just a bit of code and the plugin displays all the posts in the category.
- Start an email newsletter: FAIL – I wish I had enough idea for a newsletter, but right now I just don’t. Maybe someday….
- Find a new Pinterest scheduling plugin since CoSschedule is no longer integrating with Pinterest. Any suggestions? PASS – I’m currently using ViralWoot, which is nice, but after demoing Tailwind, I cannot wait until they’re scheduling tool becomes available! It will only be priced at $10 a month, too!
- Publish a Pinterest Guide – I’ve been working away at it, and it’s almost done! PASS – In case you missed the memo, the Pinterest Guide is here!
- Get a blog earnings series started! PASS
- Put $650 in savings for the personal loan: FAIL
- Don’t overspend in Groceries and Gas: PASS – FINALLY!!!
- Continue to track my food 6x a week: PASS I even tracked my food on vacation!
- P90X 4 days a week – PASS! Well, kind of. I did P90x 4x a week for 2 weeks, then when we went on vacation we did tons of hiking and walking. The other week yes, I failed
- Introduce ya’ll to my new blog! (More to come)
- Average 1,500 Pageviews per day
- Finish the Elite Blogging Academy with my full attention
- Make $350 from Ad Networks
- Redo Blog Navigation
- Put $1,200 towards personal loan
- Complete 4 weekly budget check-ins
- Make $300 from Ad Networks
- Decorate/Paint the office
- Finish my statement wall prints (post to come)
- Create the family binder with all of our credit cards and personal info