I started the Yakezie Challenge 4/30/2014 with these stats:
My Stats as of 8/5/14
My goals for August were
Global: Break 75,000
US: Break 11,000
Aaaaaand, here are my stats as of 9/3/14
My Goals for September are going to be:
Global: Break 60,000
US: Break 12.00
Want to Join the Challenge?
1) Install the Alexa toolbar if not already and comment what your current Alexa ranking is, so we can keep track.
2) Write consistently 2-4 times a week on your own site and consider guest posting around the community including on Yakezie.com to raise your profile.
3) Install the Yakezie Challenger Badge.
4) Announce on your blog that you have joined the Yakezie Challenge.
5) Selflessly promote others and build relationships.
6) Stay committed and consistent over the next 6 months! Whether you are a huge blog or a start-up, everybody most go through a 6 month Challenge period to ensure that we build the best relationships possible.
7) Come introduce yourself on the Yakezie Challengers Forum and get to know your fellow Challengers and Members.
8) Once the 6-month challenge is over, let us know how far you’ve come in the forums, on your blog, and via an e-mail. If you’ve developed good relationships, broken 200,000 in Alexa, and are ready for the next step, we will invite you to submit a form and write your Yakezie Member Post and become an official member.
Sam @ Financial Samurai – “Slicing Through Money’s Mysteries”
– See more at: http://www.financialsamurai.com/creating-powerful-friends-the-alexa-ranking-challenge/comment-page-10/#comment-139271
*This post may contain affiliate links
Nice! I got up in that range for awhile, and then I stopped being quite so active, so I dropped back over 100k. It’s nice to have something to strive for, but sometimes I wonder about using the Alexa ranking as a metric to track. I’m much more interested in mozRank and PA/DA now.
That said, the Yakezie Challenge focuses on Alexa – so that makes sense why you’re tracking that :) Great job!
Thank you! I’m much less focused on it now that im in the 60,000 range. It gets much harder the lower you go!
Allen @ TheDailyCent.com says
Congrats! I’m fairly new to the game and just read about the Yakezie challenge last week. Looks pretty interesting. I’m excited to break 10 visitors a day right now so maybe I’ll work on the challenge in a few months. :)
BTW, I do enjoy reading your blog so keep up the great work.
Thank you! You should totally join the challenge if you’re at all competitive! It has motivated me so much!
Wow, you are doing great with the Yakezie challenge, Gretchen. Congrats on achieving those goals and best wishes for your Sep goals.
Thanks! You should join!
Lance @ Healthy Wealthy Income says
That is pretty sweet. How far along were you with your site when you jumped in to the challenge?
Let’s seee….I had been blogging since August 2013, 8 months? I highly recommend it!
Jay @ ThinkingWealthy.com says
Nice results. Solid content brings visitors!
DC @ Young Adult Money says
I was part of the Yakezie Challenge and it was a nice way to stay accountable and get motivated. The forums are really useful too. I don’t have enough time to be active in the Yakezie community so I stopped my involvement, but definitely is a good short-term way to get motivated.
I’m a super competitive person, so the challenge was perfect for me and reminded me to promote others as well! I can definitely be time-consuming especially with the points system, but overall I feel it’s worth it:-)
[email protected] says
Girl you are rocking it! That number is coming down – keep going!
Very nice Gretchen! I have Yakezie on my to research list, but I do almost everything is it includes already except for the guest posting part. I haven’t done much in that area yet, but I may have something in October.
60,000 seems ambitious! Good luck! I am surprised I already broke 200k, it really does change quickly.
Oh yeah, it gets harder the lower you go! But, if you’re at all competitive, you should totally join the challenge!
Tammy @ theultimatelinky says
I don’t pay attention to my Alexa that much, but it was interesting to see how you are doing! I’m so sorry I’m pinning so late. We had a co-host that had to drop out, and I’m finally getting to her links! Pinning from the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party!