Today marks 1 year of blogging – and boy, has it been crazy!
I could pat myself on the back, but really, the credit belongs to you, my readers. I started Retired by 40! to hold myself accountable to my budget, to my debt goals, and to my plan to retire by 40 (duh)! And it’s working! I fully expected only 3 people to read my blog my entire first year, so imagine my surprise when my stats started taking off. More importantly though, I’ve found that community of personal finance bloggers (and avid readers, of course) is amazing! Supportive, helpful, and has provided me with tons of constructive criticism!
A few things I’ve learned:
- There’s a reason ya’ll are bloggers – you know your stuff and you know how to share it without being rude. I SO appreciate this! I’ve gotten so much awesome advice either through comments or reading other blogs!
- HTML is tough….I made my site crash not just once – I did it TWICE. Will be hiring some stuff out soon…any takers?
- Delegation is amazing! The Big Guy (who you will soon meet) has started handling some of the day-to-day for me, and I think that transition has been going well. He’s an awesome sport about it :-)
- You CAN bring in massive traffic from Pinterest – even as a Personal Finance Blogger! Should I do a post on this, seeing as 60% of my traffic comes from pinterest?
- Write From the Heart…..My Elopement Story, The Bill Schedule, and Going Back to my Roots – all were written pretty emotionally, and all are in my top 10 articles
- 121 posts isn’t really that much…..on some level I can’t believe I’ve written that much stuff, but at the same time it’s flown by!
And now, some fun facts:
Most popular posts:
- Feed Your Family on $300 a Month – Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
- Why You Should Create a Bill Schedule
- Find Money in a Too-Tight Budget
Most Searched Terms: (no surprises here :-)
- retired by 40
- retire by 40
- retire at 40
Weirdest Search Terms:
- how to buy a house in day (hint: only if you have cash and it’s a private sale…and probably not even then)
- automated thinking of you cards (huh?)
- kelli seagers (anyone know who this is?)
Of course the blog has made awesome strides, but I’m not going to share those here, yet. Would anyone be interested in me posting my stats each month? (BTW, you can see several of them on my Advertise Page, if you’re interested) I track tons and tons of stats (because of my love affair with numbers) and I would be even willing to disclose earnings from the blog, but would anyone even want to read them?
Food for thought….
At any rate, thank you for such an awesome year, and all of the solid advice you’ve given me!
Will ya’ll stick around for year 2?
*This Post May Contain Affiliate Links