Maybe it’s the warm weather, or maybe it’s the fact that I feel like the world is falling apart but I’m in the mood for some good, old southern bbq.
Mac ‘n cheese, coleslaw, load of barbecue sauce on slow-smoked brisket, carbs, and beer + a weekend around a bonfire = the perfect recipe to stop stressing, turn my mind off, and get back to what’s important.
Family, friends, achieving, and believing, no matter what’s going on around you.
So with that in mind, I give you the recipe that makes my mouth water just thinking about it: Barbecue Brisket Sliders with Coleslaw.
They’re more tender than you can imagine, sweet and tangy, and just like any good BBQ slider should, they’re going to drip EVERYWHERE when you eat them.
Normally, I would try to say something else to entice you to make these, but the pictures tell the whole story. Don’t miss out on this deliciousness!
P.S. If your weekends are as jam-packed as mine are and you don’t actually have time to *ahem* slow-roast a brisket, then have no fear, because this is a crockpot recipe!
- 1 3-lb Beef Brisket
- 1 T Smoked Paprika
- 1 T Chili Powder
- 1 T Cumin
- 1 T Garlic Powder
- 1 T Celery Salt
- 1 T Salt
- 1 T Pepper
- 1 Cup Beef Stock
- 1 package Slider-size buns
- 1 Bottle Barbecue sauce, your preference
- 1 Cup Mayo
- 2 T Spicy Mustard
- 2 T Apple Cider Vinegar, with the mother
- 3 T sugar
- 3/4 t Salt
- 1 t Onion Powder (optional)
- 1 16-oz Bag of Coleslaw mix (or, you could shred your own cabbage and carrots)
- Combine the spices in a bowl and mix well
- Rub the spice mixture onto the sides of the brisket. I like a really thick spice crust on my brisket when it's done, but if you don't like that much flavor, you could not use all of the spice mix.
- Place the brisket in the slow cooker. Pour the beef broth around the sides (not directly on top), cover, and cook 8-10 hours on low.
- Once it's finished cooking, remove it gently from the slow cooker and allow to sit for 10 minutes before slicing. While it's resting, prepare the coleslaw.
- To serve, slice the brisket very thinly. Place a couple of pieces on the bottom of each slider bun, drizzle with barbecue sauce, then top with coleslaw and the top bun.
Leave a Reply