Good Morning everyone!
I cannot tell you how grateful I am that you all have stopped by here today! That means you successfully completed Day 1 of 31 Days of Finances & Fitness and you’re here to talk about your experience. Yesterday morning, we officially had more than 1,300 people signed up for this challenge!
If you haven’t yet signed up, that’s ok too! You can sign up either through the form at the bottom of this post, or in the form in the right sidebar. What is the challenge, you ask??
With 31 Days of Finances & Fitness you’ll get:
- Weekly shopping lists – on a budget, of course
- Printables to help you prep a week’s worth of healthy meals – to put more hours back into your busy day!
- A Daily Budget Challenge – each day, we’re going to try and reduce one line of your budget, be it food, cable TV, eating out + many, many more!
- Resources for FREE & low-cost exercise options
- Daily Fitness Challenges – A daily 20-minute fitness plan guaranteed to make you feel better, and that can fit into your already jam-packed schedule!
- Plus printables to help you track your progress in both Finances & Fitness
How did your first 2 days go?
I had intended to do a post every day, reflecting on the previous day, and get some feedback from all (1,300!!) of you who are doing it with me, but I admit that Monday and Tuesday completely got away from me!
So now, we need to catch up on 2 days of the challenge!
I finished installing our window film yesterday – I had gotten a jump on ordering it last week – and I am so grateful that we did. Today, the temperature has just kept on dropping, and we woke up to snow on the ground!
For Day 2’s Challenge, I called my auto insurer, USAA, and was able to lower our rate just a bit, since I turned 24 last November! They just hadn’t applied the discount yet, go figure! This saved us $13.00 a month, or $156 a year! Were you able to find a lower auto insurance rate yesterday?
Fitness-wise, my chest is getting stronger. When I did P90X the first time several months ago, I could barely do 5 girl-style pushups! Now, I’ve moved on to doing 15 or 20 pushups on my feet rather than my knees! How did you first day go – was it a shock to your system?
And then yesterday, I did my Plyometrics workout, but I only did 20 minutes, and I admit I took hit pause a couple of times and take small breaks. Plyo is just so hard! How about you? Which workout did you do? How many minutes were you able to make it through?
Total Savings = $216
- Window Film = $60 annually
- USAA = $156
Let me know you thoughts in the comments – I would love to hear how these first couple of days went!
*This post may contain affiliate links