June is going to be crazy, to say the least…..On the 6th, The Big Guy reports for Annual Training and will be gone for 16 days – and I’m praying to god that Baby RB40 doesn’t have a bout with teething while he’s gone, because I’m essentially a single parent for those 2 weeks. Ugh….
Here’s what I’m thinking;
- Gas: The Big Guy won’t be driving for more than 2 weeks out of this month – and he normally drives EVERYWHERE, so we will have some reduced gas costs – maybe $200? It’s still kind of up in the air, this is just an estimate
- Income: higher than normal because I’ll still be working while he’s gone, kind of, and The Big Guy gets paid for his training. My boss offered to let me work half days, so I’ll be working 5-6 hours a day instead of ten. However, a lot of my paycheck will be eaten up by:
- Childcare: 8 days of this month I will have to pay for childcare for the little one. Luckily, we have a neighbor who watches her granddaughter every day and who has offered to watch Baby RB40 anytime we need it. I’m thinking $400 for eight days of (at most) 7 hours of baby sitting?
- Phone: Will be lower and higher at the same time. The Big Guy will be upgrading to the $40 Unlimited Talk, Text, and 4G Data plan ( up from his $10 Unlimited Talk and Text Plan) from Republic Wireless so he can keep in contact while he is gone, BUT we received $40 in referral credit to be applied to our bill, giving us about a $22 (maybe less) cell phone bill in June!
- Groceries, surprisingly, will still stay the same. This is because we buy The Big Guy food to take to training for when the powers that be decide the MRE’s are for dinner…..
We did have a couple of financial wins already this month! Chase Freedom’s $200 bonus is back! When you spend $500 in the first 3 months, you receive a $200 bonus. Also, you receive $25 after your first purchase, and 5% back in rotating categories. Our current credit card gives a straight 1% back, so we are really thrilled to finally have 2 of the Chase Freedom Cards!
And, I broke down and bought a new cell phone from Republic Wireless. The new Moto G is only $149, no contract, and their plans have insanely good service and are CHEAP! It’s like the perfect storm. I was using the Motorola Defy XT (they no longer offer this phone) but the screen stopped responding to touch completely. I could have sent it in to Motorola to be repaired, but then I would be 2 weeks without a phone, and that just isn’t possible right now. :-(
How is your June shaping up?
*This post may contain affiliate links