**Hi there! If you would like more fun posts like these, follow me on Pinterest!
Some months, I just don’t know what to think. Some months I feel like saving money comes so easily, and other months, like February, I feel like saving money is literally killing me! Check it out below:
- Utilities were waaaay over, but we’re attempting to combat this. See 14 Ways to Save On Utilities – When You Can’t Turn Down the Heat!
- Groceries were $119 over, probably mostly due to the massive amount of ice cream that we bought. Just kidding. Well, kind of :-). The Big Guy is on board with getting this number back down in March.
- Clothing was way over, and I’m not super happy about it. We had to get the Big Guy’s suit tailored because he grew, had a job interview, and we went out for our anniversary. However, the Big Guy didn’t get the job :-(
- Haircuts: 2 Drills this month means 2 haircuts. I really need to learn how to do this.
- Fuel: I think I may have to up our fuel budget. We just are having trouble sticking to it. Maybe we will split the difference and budget for $350 in March.
- Going over budget in doctor I’m not concerned about – bills started arriving from the hospital for Baby RB40’s birth.
- Not a good month overall a we were over in nearly every category….
- Since we were over in nearly every category, I decided to look for areas where we could save:
- We put the gym membership on hold, so that expense won’t pop up next month. Savings = $22.
- We also lowered The Big Guy’s phone plan to $10 a month from $25. Savings – $15.
Some months just are just rough, and there is nothing we can do about it. I felt all month that February was one of those months where we Just. Could. Not. Stay on budget. In fact, I’m even struggling to come up with something good about our budget for February.
But you know what? I’m not going to beat myself up.
We will try to do better next month, and that’s all we can do, right?