4 years ago, our family did the extravagant, debt-filled Christmas thing. We bought all the best toys, gadgets, and electronics. We went all-out for the decorations.
And the food?
Then January rolled around. Our credit card came due. The stuff we bought started sitting around, unused, just taking up space.
I remember feeling a deep sense of regret after the Christmas season which was supposed to be filled with so much joy.
What do you do if you have no money for Christmas? At the time we were dead broke, but we still wanted to celebrate . We liked presents (we still do) and didn’t want to forgo them entirely, but we really, really, wanted to avoid the after-Christmas regret.
So we decided to CHANGE.
And this year will proudly be our 3rd Debt Free Christmas.
Sharing our experience of a debt-filled Christmas is embarrassing, but it’s necessary so you can see that we now feel AMAZING incurring zero debt at Christmas time. Last year, I published a post called 21 Ways to Make Christmas Affordable and received so much great feedback on the post that I decided to expand it into a 30-day series designed to give you practical, helpful steps to take towards a debt free Christmas.
The 30 Day Debt Free Christmas Challenge will help you:
- Create memories on a $0 budget.
- Strategize before the holiday hustle & bustle so your shopping doesn’t get out of hand.
- Make extra money (with minimal time invested)
- Find extra money in your money (no beans or rice required!)
- Plus much, much more.
Each day you will get the challenge in your email, so you will need to sign up for the challenge below.
I am so excited out this! I’ve been planning this and working on it for several months, and I hope that you’ll join me in creating your Debt Free Christmas.
Here’s a peek at what the Challenge will contain:
- Put a few of these traditions on the calendar now.
- How To Budget For Christmas
- Decide who is on your list
- Create a shopping game plan
- Shopping Strategies for Online Shopping
- Where to find all the best deals
- Earn Just a bit extra (by doing nothing)
- Letting go of Mom Guilt
- Have 5 minutes?? Here’s how to boost your holiday cash
- Charity at Christmas (the great toy purge)
- Have 10 minutes??
- Review your way to Christmas presents
- Have 15 Minutes?
- Changing kids’ hearts & minds at Christmas
- Have an hour?
- Secret Shop your way to free gifts
- Decide is credit is for you
- Save Money on Holiday Travel
- Reselling Christmas gifts on Amazon
- Pay next to nothing for Holiday Cards
- A Simple way to add $300 to your gift budget
- 10 Ways to Simplify and Cherish the holiday season
- How to host a holiday party
- How to decorate for the holidays on a budget
- Secret strategies to save money on Amazon
- Creating a Black Friday game plan
- Make your rustic holiday signs as gifts
- Creating a Cyber Monday Game Plan
- Grocery Shop Strategically
- How to give baby gifts for free
- Challenge Wrap Up
This post may contain affiliate links. See my disclosures for more information.